Duroxite® 300 is an iron-based steel alloy overlay deposited on mild steel. It is designed for extremely severe sliding wear for both dry and wet (slurry) abrasive environments.
The overlay contains a unique high volume of ultra-fine borocarbides with a grain size refined down to 500 nm. The borocarbides are completely wetted in a ductile matrix resulting in a product with significantly improved service life that maintains high toughness in extreme sliding wear applications. Duroxite® 300 is an excellent alternative to tungsten carbide overlay.
• Extreme wear resistance in dry and wet abrasive environments with a high degree of toughness
• Cost effective alternative to tungsten carbide with equivalent service life and better impact resistance
• Overlay thickness is reduced compared to traditional overlays resulting in a lighter weight product while increasing service life
• Absorbs 25% more impact energy than the traditional chromium overlay plate as measured by the continuous high impact lab test
• Has uniform through-thickness hardness of 67 to 70 HRC for single and multiple-layer overlay. Maintains a high hardness of approximately 60 HRC after exposure to high temperatures up to 1100°F (600°C)
• Maintains a consistent wear resistance from surface down to 75% of the overlay.
Duroxite® 300 is suitable for use in industries such as mining, cement, oil sands, steel production and several others. Some specific applications include:
• Mining: Crusher rolls, skip liners, slurry pipes and pumps, conveyor chains, excavator bucket liners
• Cement: Fan blades, deflector blades, cranker crushers
• Oil Sands: Surge bins, feed chutes, slurry pipes and pumps
• Steel: Ore chutes
• Power: Screw augers, wear liner plates, ash handling equipment liners
• Agriculture: Grain shedding hammers, sugar mill knives, row crop sweeps
• Oil and Gas: Fracking blender pumps
• Construction: Snow plow shoes, demolition tools